Women's Ministry and Sunday School Downloads

As you may have noticed I have added my printables to my sidebar. I created these to help Women's Ministry leaders and Sunday School Teachers. At one point I had planned to put them in my book but decided instead to have them on the web. They use to be available on my homeschool blog but this will be a better home for them I think. Feel free to use them as often as you like. All I ask is that you keep copyrights intact, tell your friends where you found them and please understand that these Devotions are written with my beliefs and that although we all have different denominational backgrounds , I will not argue with anyone over points made in the Devotions. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but if you download one and find you do not agree with it then please just let it go and prayerfully seek out another site. We cannot further the cause of Christ through arguments. God Bless and enjoy!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Knowing That You Know

My Pastor often asks the question, "Do you know that you know that you know you are saved?" It is indeed a question worth asking. So I put it to you; do you know?

We were blessed to visit my in-laws this weekend and to attend church with them. Their church feels just like home to us. Although I'm sure the people there have their faults and failures(who doesn't) they never fail to make us feel welcome and the Holy Spirit never fails to be in the service. Their Pastor is a man who loves the Lord and has a heart for his congregation. He stands on preaching the truth whether it angers anyone or not. To paraphrase his words, he is there to preach the Word as God would have him to speak, how you deal with the conviction afterward is up to you. Sunday his sermon was on being lost and how you can know that you are even if you think you are a Christian. Like he was saying, there are many people who think they are Christians but are not. They heard the call to salvation, went to the alter when they felt the draw to salvation yet never accepted the salvation.They got up from the alter and went to work in the church and ministry yet never truly "knew" the one they claimed to serve. Lots of times we hear of church services where pastors, pastor's wives, deacons, youth leaders and Sunday School teachers get saved who have been working for the Lord for years. The Scripture for his sermon was Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Below are what the Pastor called Markers. I had to agree with all of these and just felt compelled to share them with the cyber world.  Please read over them and reevaluate your life. Take the time to "know that you know that you know". Blessings! ~ Nikki

Markers That May Indicate Lost Condition:
If you:
Maintain a lifestyle contrary to the Word of God without judgment ~ Hebrews 12:8

Can practice any sin in your life without conviction and guilt ~ Hebrews 12:11

Are religious but have no heart for ministry ~ Titus 3:8

Retain the tithe without suffering financially ~ Malachi 3:8-10

Have no desire for the House of God and fellowship with the saints ~ Hebrew 10:25
This is one I am adamant about, we should have a desire to be among fellow Christians (even though they fail just like we do). Fellowship is important to our Christian walk because being among others keeps us accountable to our walk with God because we have someone to help lift us up when we begin to stumble and fall. As the days in this world get worse it is more important that we have that fellowship.

You have no heartbeat for the Word of God ~ Colossians 3:16

Have a fear of dying ~ John 11:26

No peace in your heart ~ Isaiah 26:3

Some of you might not agree with these and that's ok. I just want everyone to be sure that they are saved. I want you to have that peace about your eternity.  Blessings!
copyright 2010 Lisa "Nikki" Simcox

0 comments: