Women's Ministry and Sunday School Downloads

As you may have noticed I have added my printables to my sidebar. I created these to help Women's Ministry leaders and Sunday School Teachers. At one point I had planned to put them in my book but decided instead to have them on the web. They use to be available on my homeschool blog but this will be a better home for them I think. Feel free to use them as often as you like. All I ask is that you keep copyrights intact, tell your friends where you found them and please understand that these Devotions are written with my beliefs and that although we all have different denominational backgrounds , I will not argue with anyone over points made in the Devotions. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but if you download one and find you do not agree with it then please just let it go and prayerfully seek out another site. We cannot further the cause of Christ through arguments. God Bless and enjoy!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cheese slices on the bathroom sink


Cheese slices on the bathroom sink. What?!

Yes you read it right. I found a cheese slice on the bathroom sink. It wasn't even "real cheese." Yes, I buy pasteurized, processed American cheese product. Now you know my secret.
I'm not sure how the cheese got there or even why its there. With four kids stuff like this happens all the time. I just did the natural "Mom" thing and threw it away. I have learned at times that it is best not to question my kid's motives for doing things. They get upset when they are trying to explain themselves and you are laughing so hard you cry, you know.
When you have children these little unexpected things pop up all the time. Sometimes they are funny (like the cheese) and sometimes they are not. Like my oldest Daughter's bout with skin cancer at age 13. With much praise to our King Jesus and our Father God, my Daughter, now almost 17, is doing great. Twice a year checkups have turned into once a year checkups. I have seen the fear leave her eyes over the last few years and I find it easier not to panic when we visit her skin doctor.
I have also learned that my Christian walk has many unexpected turns. As God's children we must realize that in the unexpected we sometimes find our greatest growing moments. There are no surprises for God; unlike my husband Todd and I. Seven days before Christmas 2008 Todd received a lay-off slip from his employer with still worse news that he would not be getting his Christmas bonus. Needless to say, we were floored. We are a single income family except for a small cleaning job I have. I am a stay at home Mom and homeschool three of our four kids; so it was Todd who had the responsibility to be our family breadwinner. We were comforted by the news that the lay-off would only last a few months.
March was Todd's expected return time. March came … and went with no hope in sight of his being called back to work. Every job he applied for returned no results. I tried hard not to panic. Honestly I did! At times I did really well too. We prayed. We had friends and family praying for us. Then moments of doubt would come and I would ask God, "What are you doing?" My heart would begin to race and my mind would start running in fifty different directions. Yep, panic. Then I would start to pray and have people pray for me. Sometimes waiting on God is hard, especially for me. That is why he repeatedly sends me to this verse in His Word; Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God… That my friends is my life verse and has been for many years.
This lay-off was so unexpected for us, even more so when the months turned into a year. Todd put in over a hundred job applications and only received two hits that turned into nothing. There were so many lay-offs in our area that competition for jobs was fierce. In a normal economy you might have ten people apply for one job but now you might have a hundred.
This unexpected surprise took our breath away. Not because of joy but fear. Then, another unexpected surprise came our way. This time it was joy that took our breath away (and a lot of relief). Fourteen months after his lay-off, Todd got a job. A job that fills lots of needs we had that his other job didn't fill. We never imagined that he would be blessed in this way. Sometimes we can have low expectations for God. It's a great thing He blesses us anyway.
This fourteen month growing period has been rough for us but we have definitely learned some things. We learned there are some things we became dependent on that we don't truly need. We learned to cut corners we didn't think we could cut. This new frugality will come in handy. Maybe we can see our savings grow again. Maybe our Saturday family time can kick into high gear again. We love to take meandering road trips and hikes. We have definitely learned that all things are usable by God to make something great. I once heard that it's great when God tells you something but its amazing when He goes out of His way to show you something. He showed us Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. God will always use our circumstances to show His love and His Glory. If we are in the midst of His will or even when we step outside the boundaries of His will for us; he uses it for our good. So my words of advice… if you are in his will, rest in it. If you are not, then step into it and find rest. Blessings! ~ Nikki
copyright 2010 Lisa" Nikki" Simcox

0 comments: