Women's Ministry and Sunday School Downloads

As you may have noticed I have added my printables to my sidebar. I created these to help Women's Ministry leaders and Sunday School Teachers. At one point I had planned to put them in my book but decided instead to have them on the web. They use to be available on my homeschool blog but this will be a better home for them I think. Feel free to use them as often as you like. All I ask is that you keep copyrights intact, tell your friends where you found them and please understand that these Devotions are written with my beliefs and that although we all have different denominational backgrounds , I will not argue with anyone over points made in the Devotions. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but if you download one and find you do not agree with it then please just let it go and prayerfully seek out another site. We cannot further the cause of Christ through arguments. God Bless and enjoy!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Pruning

We have a beautiful yard . It is one of the things I love most about where we live. We have several large trees in both our front and back yards. Unfortunately, these are older trees and some of the top limbs are beginning to die. For this reason I keep everyone away from them when the wind is blowing real hard because it never fails that some of the limbs come down. Sometimes very large ones do.
Two nights ago we had some severe thunderstorms move through our area. These storms spawned several tornadoes so to say that they contained some heavy damaging winds is putting it lightly. When I looked out my window the next morning there were limbs of all sizes laying scattered throughout our yard. I couldn't help but think that our trees had received some all natural pruning, free of charge. Our trees needed that pruning. It got rid of those old dying limbs that were draining the rest of the tree and were posing a danger to my family.
Looking outside at the effects of the storm; God brought to my mind that wonderful story in John 15:1-8  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.  (2)  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  (3)  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  (4)  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  (5)  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  (6)  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.  (7)  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.  (8)  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
I got to thinking how this story reminded me that we are just like those branches on my trees. Sometimes God has to do a little pruning on our lives since we are part of the vine. Sometimes He uses storms in our lives to get rid of the useless twigs that grow on our “vines’, like doubt, fear, worry and other things. These are “twigs” that can drain the life out of our walk with God;leaving us struggling to bear the fruit He longs to see us produce.Our fruit bearing brings Him glory after all.(John 15:8). So next time the storms come in our lives whether it be health , financial or marital issues, trust that God is using this time to work on the “vine” and clear out things we don’t need in our lives so that we can continue to grow in His Grace and glorify Him.
Blessings ~ Nikki
copyright 2011 LNS
*A printable PDF is available from the left sidebar*

0 comments: